This is an agreement (hereafter “Agreement”) between Houston Dog Ranch and the dog owner whose signature appears below (hereafter “Owner”).
1. This agreement covers all services provided by Houston Dog Ranch, LLC. Owner agrees to pay the rates in effect at the time services are provided for all services provided.
2. By signing this Agreement and leaving Owner’s dog with Houston Dog Ranch, Owner warrants the accuracy of all information provided by Owner about Owner’s dog.
3. Dog day care involves physical play and inherent risk of injury to dogs, and Owner hereby acknowledges and accepts such risks and agrees to hold Houston Dog Ranch harmless for any and all expenses incurred as a result of injury or death to Owner’s dog. However, in the event of injury or death to Owner’s dog caused by acts of negligence on behalf of Houston Dog Ranch, it is hereby agreed between Owner and Houston Dog Ranch that liability shall in no event exceed the current chattel value of a pet of the same species or the sum of $500, whichever is less.
4. If Owner’s dog becomes ill or injured and requires professional medical attention, Owner hereby authorizes Houston Dog Ranch to engage the services of a veterinarian, to give medication, and to take other action as Houston Dog Ranch deems necessary or advisable in its sole discretion to care for Owner’s dog. Except as provided in paragraph 3 above, Owner hereby agrees to reimburse Houston Dog Ranch for any and all expenses in providing medical care for Owner’s dog.
5. Owner specifically represents that he or she is the owner of the dog whose name appears above, and that he or she is fully authorized to contract for any and all services offered by Houston Dog Ranch.
6. Owner specifically represents that Owner’s dog has not to his or her knowledge been exposed to any contagious diseases within a thirty day period prior to check-in. During the period of this Agreement, Owner agrees to notify Houston Dog Ranch of any known exposure of Owner’s dog to a communicable disease and to hold Owner’s dog out of attending any functions at Houston Dog Ranch until Owner’s dog is symptom free for thirty days or given clearance by a veterinarian to socialize with other dogs.
7. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between Houston Dog Ranch and Owner. All terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal representatives, agents and assigns of Owner and Houston Dog Ranch.
8. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or, shall be settled in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by an arbitrator may be entered by any Court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall, as part of the award, determine an award to the prevailing party of the costs of such arbitration and reasonable attorneys’ fees of the prevailing party.